Tip 9: Be a Leader Not a Boss!
If you are in a management role, #leadership doesn’t mean bossing around and criticizing. Instead, do your best to:
- Encourage and motivate your team members instead of criticizing them
- Focus on their strengths rather than weaknesses, and try to empower other skills in them
- If anything goes wrong in your project: take responsibility! This is your team. You succeed together and you fail together!
- Coach your team members instead of directing them
- Give them credits to anything they do, and celebrate success with them! Do not take their credits!
Finally, listen to them, ask them, get their feedback, and always inspire them!